A brief history of the Polish Villa, pierogi and kielbasa in Buffalo, NY
Edward and Mildred Kutas came to Buffalo and in 1954 opened the Warsaw Inn at 1177 Broadway, in the shadows of the Central Terminal. By 1964, Edward had brought the International Polish Association to the city as well.
In 1979, their son Edward and his wife Irene opened the original Polish Villa on Union Road in Cheektowaga.
On April 15, 1985, Edward and Irene’s son, Edward, and his wife Rose, opened the Polish Villa II at our current location.
The family uses their own traditional recipes. Family members come together to make pierogi by hand each week, and make kielbasa according to a cousin’s recipe and cookbook.